Would you like to improve your skills with decision making & managing terrain while traveling in the backcountry?
Need to know details:
- 1 day course
- Located in the backcountry
- Available for Ski / Snowboard or Sled
What you will learn:
- Terrain evaluation
- Safe travel techniques
- How to mitigate risk when traveling in the backcountry
- Decision making strategies
- How to read terrain
Check out our Shreducation Flow Chart to view your training options!
Avalanche Skills Training Level 1
- Touring equipment if taking ski/snowboard specific course (touring skis, skins, splitboard)
- Mechanically sound snowmobile if taking sled specific course
- Warm clothing
$189 + GST per person
Check out our schedule for upcoming courses!
*Available as an add on to Avalanche Skills Training Level 1!
Private Group Pricing:
$945 + GST up to 5 people
$1135 + GST up to 6 people
$1520 + GST up to 8 people
*Does NOT include trail fees for sled course
*Does NOT include lift ticket at resorts to access the backcountry.
Refund Policy: If cancelled within 14 days of the course / camp you will receive 50% of your money back. If cancelled before the 14 day mark you will be charged a $35 processing fee and receive a full refund minus $35. Please note that if the minimum number of people to run a course is not met the course will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
Why book with us?
- Small group sizes
- Flexible location choices
- Ladies only groups available
- Splitboard or skis welcome
- Avalanche Canada certified instructors
- Local knowledge
- Snowmobile Specific Available
- Welcoming & Comfortable learning environment