At Stay Wild we value creating an environment that is inclusive, supportive and ego free both for our students & instructors. Our goal is to create a welcoming learning space for our students to ask questions, learn new skills, learn about valuable resources and walk away with the knowledge allowing them to further their adventures in the mountains.
If this sounds like a good fit for you please forward your resume to Brittney at email@example.com.
Please see below for current job postings.
We are currently looking for AST 1 instructors to join our team in
- Big White
- CAA Avalanche Operations Level 1 (Level 2 preferred)
- 80 hour first aid
- Active member of the CAA
- Teaching experience is preferred but we will train the right person 🙂
- Must be organized & independant
- Patient & passionate about educating new backcountry riders
- Able to create a welcoming space for students to learn and feel supported in
- Running an online meeting with students the evening before the field day
- Meeting students on the field day & checking equipment
- Covering all the course material supplied by Stay Wild
- End of the day debrief with students
This position requires the instructor to be independent & have good problem solving skills. Issues will arise during courses such as broken equipment, cold weather etc that requires sound judgment & flexibility from the instructor.