Want to feel more confident with your rescue skills and equipment?
Did your AST 1 & would like a refresher?
Need to know details:
- 1 day course
- Takes place in the backcountry
- Available for Ski / Snowboard or Sled
- To book click book now, scroll down to desired location & select desired dates
What you will learn:
- How to properly prioritize and organize when involved in an avalanche rescue scenario
- Single & multiple burial transceiver searches
- Close proximity & deep burial transceiver searching techniques
- Practice a variety of scenarios to help prepare & train your brain on what to do if you find yourself in a backcountry emergency
Check out our Shreducation Flow Chart to see where your training can take you!
- Touring equipment if taking ski/snowboard specific course
- Mechanically sound snowmobile if taking sled specific course
- Warm clothing
$189 per person + GST
*Does NOT include trail fees for sled courses
*Does NOT include lift tickets at KHMR or Fernie Alpine Resort for the field day
*Available as an add on to AST 1, Sled Camps & Learn to Tour Camps!
Check out our Schedule for course dates!
Private Group Rates:
$945 + GST up to 5 people
$1135 + GST up to 6 people
$1500 + GST up to 8 people
Refund Policy: If cancelled within 14 days of the course / camp you will receive 50% of your money back. If cancelled before the 14 day mark you will be charged a $35 processing fee and receive a full refund minus $35. Please note that if the minimum number of people to run a course is not met the course will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
Why book with us?
- Small group sizes
- Flexible location choices
- Ladies only groups available
- Splitboard or skis welcome
- Avalanche Canada certified instructors
- Local instructors & knowledge
- Ski or Snowmobile specific available
- Welcoming & Comfortable learning environment