Have you always wanted to start splitboarding?
If the answer is YES then this introductory camp is for you!
The need to know details:
- 1 day course
- Located at Rudi’s South off of Kicking Horse Resort
- Available as women’s specific or co-ed
- Gain confidence & skills before heading out with your shred crew
What you will learn:
- How to pack all those essentials into your backpack
- How to set a skin track
- Methods for changing over equipment
- How to put skins on
- How to pace yourself
- Tricks for going up steep hills
- Kick turns
- Smooth strides
- How to fix malfunctioning equipment
- Practicing split skiing & skiing with skins on
- Checklist of necessary items for a day in the backcountry
* If you would like to combine this course with your Avalanche Skills Training Level 1 please contact us for details
- Collapsable poles
- Transceiver (3 antenna)
- Probe (3 meter)
- Warm clothing
- Lunch for the day
- Water & tea
- Hat & sunglasses
- Day ticket to Kicking Horse Resort to access the backcountry
$159 + GST per person
*You will also need to purchase a lift ticket at the resort to access the backcountry
Private Group Pricing:
$479 + GST up to 3 people
$799 + GST up to 5 people
$1,279 + GST up to 8 people
Looking for equipment rentals?
Check out Selkirk Sports & Avalanche Safety Solutions
Check out our schedule for upcoming camps!
If cancelled within 14 days of the course / camp you will not receive a refund unless your spot can be filled. If cancelled before the 14 day mark you will be charged a $35 processing fee and receive a full refund minus $35. Please note that if the minimum number of people to run a course is not met the course will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
Why book with us?
- Small group sizes
- Flexible location choices
- Ladies only groups available
- Avalanche Canada certified instructors
- Local knowledge
- Comfortable learning environment