Want to take your training to the next level? Have you taken your Avalanche Skills Training Level 1 and spent some time in the backcountry? Avalanche Skills Training Level 2 is your next step!
Need to know details:
- 4 day course
- 9 hrs of classroom theory
- 3 days in the backcountry
- Taught by an Canadian Avalanche Association Professional
- To book click book now & send in a request for the desired dates your group is interested in
What you will learn:
- Safe travel techniques
- Progressive planning – google earth, map & compass skills
- Terrain analysis, management & verification
- How to access & use danger ratings on a local scale
- Advanced companion rescue skills & scenarios
- Hazard rating verification
- How to dig a pit & perform a variety of stability tests
- Clothing appropriate for activity and standing in cold/snowy weather
- Warm gloves, mitts
- Goggles and sunglasses
- Small personal first aid kit (sunscreen, lip-balm, moleskin, Band-Aids, medication, etc.)
- Pack (large enough for all equipment on day tours)
- Mechanically sound sled
- Spare belt
- Tools & toe rope
Will receive items in the classroom:
- Companion rescue card
- Decision making field book
Map, compass, snow saw, snow study kit would all be beneficial but is not necessary.
$689 per person + GST
Check out our schedule for upcoming courses!
Can split the course into two weekends!
Private Group Pricing:
$2760 + GST up to 4 people
$4135 + GST up to 6 people
$5520 + GST up to 8 people
*Does not include trail fees
Refund Policy: If cancelled within 14 days of the course / camp you will receive 50% of your money back. If cancelled before the 14 day mark you will be charged a $35 processing fee and receive a full refund minus $35. Please note that if the minimum number of people to run a course is not met the course will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
Why book with us?
- Small group sizes
- Flexible location choices
- Avalanche Canada certified instructors
- Local knowledge
- AST 2 Certificate
- Welcoming & Comfortable learning environment